Friday 12 August 2011

Urumqi and surrounding area.

I'm getting out of sync between my writing and the photos. It's nice to look at the images of what I'm describing, at least for me to write, so I assume doubly for people to read. These are all of the days spent with Steve, Leane and friends while in Urumqi. It's a rare occurrence for me to link up again with people I meet travelling, a much appreciated occurrence it was too.

I'll not waste too many words here, it's a waste of everyone's time for me to pour out some boring diatribe simply to fill in the gaps to the photos. So enjoy, I certainly did in their making!

(Photo: Being wowed by the big city skyline - Urumqi, Xinjiang province, China)

(Photo: Dancing in the Peoples park, these were the ballroom posse, things were a bit more exciting over in the jazz corner. - Urumqi, Xinjiang province, China)

(Photo: Kiddies climbing wall, a freebie in The Peoples Park. Many of the kids were hauled up more than climbing under their own steam, but they all enjoyed it and showed no fear - Urumqi, Xinjiang province, China)

(Photo: Traditional drama performed free in the Peoples Park. There was a packed audience, everyone was mesmerised. - Urumqi, Xinjiang province, China)

(Photo: Just outside the city limits, beautiful countryside is not far at all, I can't claim it to be unspoilt, rubbish isn't hard to see; it isn't abundant though - Urumqi, Xinjiang province, China)

(Photo: While the city slickers dig pits for blazing fires and discard their empties, the locals quietly get on with their daily lives, seemingly unperturbed. - Urumqi, Xinjiang province, China)

(Photo: There ain't nothing like a real fire, or two. At least our camp was cleared completely of litter. - Urumqi, Xinjiang province, China)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any personal information sent via my comments facility will not be published unless deemed devoid of personal content. You can, therefore, send me contact information. Thank you!